RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Zone Level Airflows

Dear Celia,

The “Central Cooling Design Supply Temperature“ must be 11.1C below the zone cooling setpoint in order to achieve your goal. Since you supply the air at 13.3C and serve 20 zones, ALL of the zone setpoints must be ~24.4   � and they are not.

Similarly, the zone heating setpoints must be 11.1C lower than, in this case, the Zone Heating Design Supply Air Temperature (35C) in Sizing:Zone � and they are not.

For an ASHRAE 90.1 energy model, each zone on a particular system must use a uniform setpoint for heating or cooling!  The fact that the actual design may use somewhat different zone setpoints is not relevant, although I suppose that you are allowed to specify a delta T larger than 11.1C.  The purpose of the Baseline � Proposed model iss � the comparison between a “fictitious” Baselinne system and an almost-true Proposed system.  In order to make the comparison consistent and understandable, some variables (like setpoints and schedules) must be regulated.

I looked very quickly at your IDF and may have missed some things, but I think that you will see an improvement if you change these setpoints.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653