Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Calculation of U-value

Firstly, my approach is to get the total assembly U-Value from the manufacturer and model my fenestration with the assembly u-value and no frame.

Secondly, if you can only get info on the individual parts of the assembly, then you may use either Window or E+ (which uses Window's calculations) to deturmine the NFRC rating. Another option is to use the extreamly conservative (huge) U-values from Table A8.2 for the total ass. U-value. If you don't have to model automated shading in the proposed case, then you could use the SimpleGlazing objects...else, it's a bit of trail and error.

Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)
Mit freundlichen Grü�en

i. A.
Jean Marais
B.Eng (Mech)
LEED Accredited Professional
Building Energy Modeling with DesignBuilder and EnergyPlus

b.i.g. bechtold
INGENIEURGESELLSCHAFT MBH
KeithstraÃ?e 6
10787 Berlin
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23
Fax  +49 30 6706662-18

Official Reseller for DesignBuilder in Germany and Austria