Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Long Term Weather Data Predictions

Jim,

I assume that you're referring to the ability to predict weather conditions a month or more in advance, and not to predictions of future weather trends like with GCM models or changes in ASHRAE design conditions, etc.  If so, then I would say the answer is "no".  All the advances in climate forecasting models are good only for the next few days or a week at most. In fact, I recall reading a few years back someone saying that as old-timer meteorologists who are more attuned to seasonal weather patterns are being replaced by "modern" meteorologists more tied to their computer models, short-term predictions have improved but longer-term predictions may have actually gotten worse.

Joe