Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Using AFN for windows, but with default infiltration

I think we should always strive to model what really happens.  I agree with adding a crack object to the AFN because all buildings have infiltration.  I do not agree with trying to make that a constant value , unless you have a mechanical ventilation system like a small fan, etc.  The crack object should account for infiltration both through the walls as well as the windows when closed.  In the US, the NFRC ratings for windows give the leakage when closed in CFM/FT2 of window area.

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D