[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: unexpected results for extracting system loads

Dear Neal,

The ?Zone Predicted? loads do not have any efficiency or system effects included and so it makes sense that you see a COP that?s much too high. I have not tried to do what you are attempting, but it seems that you want to capture the net heat exchange rate from the components that you are connecting to the ground loop.

That would be fairly simply done by reporting the entering and leaving temperatures of the ground loop and also the flow rate.  You can then easily calculate heat transfer at each timestep (flow x delta T x k)

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Humphrey, Neal
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 4:49 PM
To: energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] unexpected results for extracting system loads

Hey group,

I wrote a message asking what variables to use for extracting hourly loads on the heating/cooling system, but haven?t heard back yet. I?ve been digging in further and am still getting some confusing results. I want to extract the hourly (or monthly) load on the system so I can use this in another modeling program (GLHEpro), but I need to make sure these are the loads on the whole system. As I understand it:

Air System Total Heating Energy is the heat addition to the air loop for all components

Zone Predicted Sensible Load to Setpoint Heat Transfer Rate is the predicted load for the zone, not including load due to ventilation air. (negative is cooling, positive heating)

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov