[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Ventilated façades

Josep,

Try to answer your own question – this is impossible because you have given no information other than saying “something” seemed to work in v6 and no longer works.

If you are interested in knowing whether there is a bug in V8, then you have shared enough information.  If you want help to solve the problem, more information is required!

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of josep.sole@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 8:03 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ventilated facdes

I found some troubles modeling ventilated facades in newer versions 7.2 & 8 (in version 6 it works properly)

I model the surface wit “Other Side ConditionsModel” I include the “Surface property Other side conditions model” and “Exterior Natural Vented Cavity” objects and the model runs ok if there are no windows in the surface

But:

if there are windows on the surface,  I got the following severe error.  ** GetSurfaceData: Subsurface="VENTANASUR" exterior condition [ExternalEnvironment] in a base surface="SURSALON" with exterior condition [OSCM]

Is it a bug in V8.0? or I m doing something wrong?

Josep Solé
URSA Insulation S.A
-

Sustainibility & Technical Manager

Móvil +34 606 42 32 14

www.ursa.es

www.ursainsulation.com

www.uralita.com

 cid:image002.gif@01CB9782.91A51950
P URALITA / URSA se compromete con el ahorro de energía. Antes de imprimir este mensaje asegúrese de que es necesario.