From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 October 2013 14:09
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Digest Number 4271

De: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En nombre de Andres Zupfer
Enviado el: lunes, 14 de octubre de 2013 14:11
Para: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modeling of Thermal Bridges ?

Hi all,

when entering the construction of the external walls the thermal bridges are neglected.

However for some buildings this can be a significant error. Therefore I am looking for the best way to include the psi-value (calculated with external program like THERM or HEAT) into the construction.

A quick and dirty solution would be to change the thermal insulation of the wall accordingly (i.e. change the thermal conductivity of one or some materials). However this could be tedious because it might be different for each room, so I get a lot of new pseudo-constructions in to my idf file.

Does anyone have a good solution for this?

Thanks,

Andres