Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How does the zone temperature control a Boiler / radiant baseboard plant loop?

I think this has recently changed. Each baseboard usually has its own thermostat (that's been the law in Germany for many decades). I believe e+ currently tells the baseboard to try and pick up any remaining load after all the other bits have done there part (i.e. Air from mechanical, infiltration, surface convection, etc.), however the zone equipment list also sets the heating (and cooling) priorities of each zone equipment...so fan coils used to be able to pick up the loads not met by a baseboard if it was set as second priority. I'm not sure this is still the case. Radiant systems are inherently slow responders because heat can only transfer via a slow convection mechanism.

The zone node's air setpoint temperature is set by thermostats as you have mentioned. The load of the zone is the energy required to reach that setpoint from the current state (timestep based). As you mentioned, both single and master thermostat options are available to place that setpoint on the zone air node.

LowTempRadiant are exceptions and require their own zone setpoint independant of the zone air setpoint.

In both cases there are advanced control options (MAT or OT or MRT).

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23