[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Calculating direct normal and diffuse horizontal radiation form global horizontal radiation

Energyplus splits the global radiation to direct and diffuse. You may try to measure diffuse by shading your sensor from direct solar radiation

Would be nice to see your measured results. The relationship between the 'Normal' and 'horizontal' components are given in the documentation

---In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to calibrate energyplus model for my research and I obtained some weather data from local Meteo station. Most of the parameters are being measured at the building itself, but radiation is taken from nearby official meteo station. In meteo station only global horizontal radiation is being measured. When I converted epw file for my city  to csv I saw that there are 3 columns about radiation: global horizontal (already have), direct normal and diffuse horizontal. I know I need some additional info in order to obtain the last two, but I do not know which (I assume it is the cloud cover). The station does not have perheliometer for diffuse radiation measurement. Are there any software for calculating various radiation components from known global horizontal radiation?

Sincerely

Marko