Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] how to get surface incident solar radiation energy/rate

Did you try to look the summary reports?

On Nov 23, 2013 4:46 PM, <hope.zh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know that I can specify "Surface Outside Face Incident Solar Radiation Rate per Area [W/m2](Hourly)" as a output variable, but I need to manually multiply this value for a given surface with the surface's area in Excel to get "Surface Outside Face Incident Solar Radiation Rate [W](Hourly)" for the surface, and then sum this value for all exterior surfaces to get the overall incident solar radiation on building facade ...

This is just not a smart way to work.

So, may I ask if there is an output variable that can report "Surface Outside Face Incident Solar Radiation Rate/Energy [W/J](Hourly)".

If not, how to do the above calculation in an efficient way in E+?

Thank you in advance!