Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Simple Benchmarking and SSD vs HD

Yi,

Thanks for providing this data. I was not aware of this web
page. What IDF file is used for those benchmarks?

Was the 1301.85s for the annualized reference buildings
using Linux or Windows?

BTW, the ASUS M51AC was about $850.

Jason

On 11/26/2013 7:23 AM, Yi Zhang wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> It seems benchmarking remains the topic for only a handful
> of enthusiasts JWe have been trying to collect benchmark
> results; but progress has been very slow. Nevertheless, here
> are some data:
> http://www.jeplus.org/wiki/doku.php?id=examples:cpu_benchmark2.
> This page is relatively new, and the graphics have not been
> properly designed. If you are thinking about creating a
> benchmarking page, I guess you can use some of the code we
> have here. This page is using the Google chart API. Source
> code link can be found at the bottom of the page.
>
> Regarding the results of your benchmark set… “Can anyone's
> computer beat 1415 seconds?” Easy! I have 1301.85s on a
> 3770K. Other specs of the computer is fairly similar to your
> ASUS M51AC. How much did that computer cost you, by the way?
>
> I have also got 1181.98s on the same 3770K, but with a
> different set up, the details of which I will keep as a
> mystery for now ;-)
>
> Yi

Yahoo Groups Links