Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather Utility DLL file

I was able to resolve the issue, if anyone is interested. You need to save the EPlusWth.dll file (and all other dll and weather utility files) in the same folder with the VBA code. So in my case I was using MS Excel to run my vba code. I needed to save my workbook in the same folder as all the weather utility files.

Max

From: "Jim Spielbauer" <jspielbauer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "EnergyPlus Support" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2013 9:34:04 AM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather Utility DLL file

In the VBA code check the Lib attribute in the Declare statement.  Is the full path to the EPlusWth.dll specified (? Lib â??C:\EnergyPllusV8-1-0\PreProcess\WeatherConverter\EPlusWth.dllâ??) or does it have just ? Lib â??EplusWth.dllâ???â?¦

If the declare statement is just ?Lib â??EPlusWth.dllâ??ââ?¦ then the EPlusWth.dll must be in the search path used to find shared dlls.  My guess is that the C:\EnergyPlusV8-1-0\PreProcess\WeatherConverter folder is not in the search path.

If you include the entire path in the ?Lib statement that may fix the pproblem.