Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] IDFEditor Linux

Thanks, Linda!
Setting the line endings to CR/LF does the job!

Miroslav

On 16.12.2013 21:20, Linda Lawrie wrote:

Try changing the rdd file to a Dos file as a work around?
Linda

Miroslav Bratanov <miroslav_bratanov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Jason,
I guess there is something else then, because I tried to copy the .rdd file in the same directory as the .idf file but still there is nothing in the Variable Name drop-down.

As for the IDFEditor, it works on WINE right out of the box. Even the x64 version. I have been using it since Version 5.0 of EnergyPlus and I've never had any problem with it except this thing with .rdd and .mdd files.

Currently I use version 1.6 of WINE. For EnergyPlus version 8.1 the setup is as easy as:

wine SetEPlusV810008-win-64.exe

The rest is the same as in Windows.

Miroslav