[EnergyPlus_Support] The effect of window curtain on heat loss/gain

Hi,

I would like to explore the effect of applying night window curtain on heating loads comparing to the one without night curtain.
Could anybody advise if this is a reasonable practice by using E+? What is the principle if it does generates difference? In my understanding, the blocking of radiation to the sky would be the primary effect (reduce internal air temperature and cool the inside thermal mass as a result), and of course in practical, the curtain will add extra thermal resistance to the window assembly, together with retarding heat convection maybe?
Therefore, I would like to make clear, when adding curtain (I mean applying curtain), does E+ add extra thermal resistance to window assembly and is there any definition/calculation of reducing heat convection effect?
I am sure there won't be a very big change for heating loads, especially when window to wall ratio is small and internal thermal mass is light.
Any comments on above are welcomed.
Sean