Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] eQUEST vs EnergyPlus: Fan Energy Consumption

Simge,

Looking at your plots, it seems that the eQUEST fan is simply larger by 40% or so.  Are you letting the programs autosize the equipment, and did you use any sizing-factors  or sizing-ratios in the runs?  I would just take the larger
capacity of the two runs, and use that for both runs, which should take care of the discrepancy.

Other observations:
1. eQUEST CYCLE-ON-ANY seems to keep the fans on the entire hour, whereas EnergyPlus seems to cycling them on
    only when the HVAC is on.

2. You seem to have daylight savings in the eQUEST, but not in the EnergyPlus model.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D