Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help

Jim, sure thing- ill post a summery of the response I get--  Yes RMI is great, but I don't get why they are still using eQuest--
Linda,
I am using the simple "Roof" input, so view factors are automatically calculated.  I do not think there is any way to change that.  I have pasted some objects below, my assumption is that view factor is calculated from azimuth and tilt angles.
Name NorthType2Roof
Construction Name Type2SteepSlopeRoof_NoPCM_LowSRI_BaselineINS
Zone Name Classroom
Azimuth Angle 0
Tilt Angle 14.04
Starting X Coordinate 121.92
Starting Y Coordinate 121.92
Starting Z Coordinate 6.09600000000001
Length 47.6600520000001
Width 47.6600520000001
Name FlatType1Roof
Construction Name Type1LowSlopeRoof_NoPCM_LowSRI_BaselineINS
Zone Name Corridor & Other
Azimuth Angle 0
Tilt Angle 2
Starting X Coordinate -60.9600000000001
Starting Y Coordinate -60.9600000000001
Starting Z Coordinate 6.09600000000001
Length 72.3122760000001
Width 72.3122760000001
Name WestType2GymRoof
Construction Name Type2SteepSlopeRoof_NoPCM_LowSRI_BaselineINS
Zone Name Gymnasium
Azimuth Angle 270
Tilt Angle 18.43
Starting X Coordinate 30.48
Starting Y Coordinate 30.48
Starting Z Coordinate 6.09600000000001
Length 8.64870000000001
Width 8.64870000000001

The warning does sound not so good
" GetSurfaceData: The total number of floors, walls, roofs and internal mass surfaces in Zone **   ~~~   ** is < 6. This may cause an inaccurate zone heat balance calculation. "
and
" ** Warning ** Surfaces in Zone=" " do not define an enclosure. **   ~~~   ** Number of surfaces <= 3, view factors are set to force reciprocity."
Would not want inaccurate heat balance calculations and not sure how forced reciprocity works-- also just noticed "FullInteriorAndExterior" was used in this model, but no warnings where issued-- guess Ill change it, as there are no windows for interior solar calculations anyhow...

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203
 | Mobile 503-688-8951
<http://www.phasechange.com/>www.phasechange.com
  <http://i.imgur.com/Sldxf.jpg>

Whether the surfaces create an enclosed zone may depend on the solar

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=31350/stime=1393107451>