Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC parallel system

A word of caution. Loops in e+ have some limitations and rules. For example, a heating plant can only have one pump on the supply side. special objects exist, like the headered pump, to overcome some of these limitations. I haven't checked for some time, but I expect that only one generic fan is allowed on the airloop supply side, with some exceptions, such as an exhaust fan on the inlet of the main branch. there are also duel deck systems...so what I'm saying is there is usually a way or at least a workaround, but it can get tricky.

> Thanks Jim! I already build the model for that system but somehow the error pops up before the actual running. I guess I need to check my connections. What i did was use the spliter for the supply inlet and split it into two path in to go through different AHUs, and then use a mixer to combine the outlet from the AHUs. But somehow the eneryplus dont like it.  Any more suggestions? Thanks
 On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:56 AM, Jim Dirkes <<mailto:jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Daniel,
EnergyPlus can certainly model this configuration, but may require some minor adaptations that will not affect the calculation results.
How you do it is another matter!  I recommend some study of EnergyPlus and one of the available graphical interfaces, like DesignBuilder, or OpenStudio. Preparing an energy model is not yet a simple activity and requires a fair amount of study and practice.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP