Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] High chilled water temp entering AHU

â??Plant interface between demand and supply has tank which models fluid capacitance and the
temperature rise because of pumping and friction. Please search for keyword "Loop Capacitance and Pump Heat" in Engineering Reference for more information. Also, a quick search in the IO ref gives the following output variables for lumped capacitance temperature.
â??â??
Plant Demand Side Lumped Capacitance Temperature [C]
Plant Supply Side Lumped Capacitance Temperature [C]

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Patrick Bivona <<mailto:patrick.bivona@xxxxxxxxx>patrick.bivona@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm having a puzzling problem that I'd appreciate some help to understand.
> I'm modelling an 90.1-2007 HVAC System 8 (PFP VAV)  in a 6 storey high office building.
I have 2 water cooled chillers with a constant primary/variable secondary pumps setup. The design temperature for the chilled water loop is 7°C. The HVAC components are autosized by E+, cooling sizing factor is 1.15. The building is in tropical climate (south Vietnam).
> The problem I have is that the temperature of the chilled water entering the cooling coil of the AHUs is high (up to 12°C). But the plant supply side temperature is 7°C as expected. The attached graph shows plots for the chilled water temp leaving the chillers, on the plant supply side and entering one the AHU cooling coils.
> I'm having trouble understanding why the entering chilled water temp could be that high and what could be causing the temperature elevation between supply side and entering the cooling coils.
> Any insight in helping me understand what's going on will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
Patrick

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov