Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] exhaust fan for airflow network

It is definately possible and even conceived this way. There were a couple of catches:
Keep the object names the same of the different object types.
Don't try and add more than one exhaust fan per zone.
Again, my own files are far too complex and run too long for testing.
The basic idea is to setup a crack (one crack per surface only, so you may need to split the surface) with a connection to the outside (outdoor air node). You refenence the fan:zoneexhaust from the AFN crack by giving them the same name.
I can't remember which crack type you need (and other AFN) were all required, but there are a couple that work together. For example, the outdoor air node references the WPC object and so on.
There is definately an example file with this setup, it just wasn't easy to navigate because the object types are grouped in typical idfeditor format. I was searching from keyword to keyword to hop between objects.
Goodluck.

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)
i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23
On 22.05.2014, at 02:21, "Ery Mailing-List <mailto:ery.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx>ery.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks
> I have a naturally ventilated building, with multiple zones, with airflow network. I want to attach an exhaust fan to one of the zones. My question is: is there a way to attach it without having to define an airloop? All examples that use exhaust fan have an airloop. I tried to define the fan using Fan:ZoneExhaust object with zone equipment list and connections, but it errors out because the zone inlet does not have an outlet.
> Any thoughts?
> Ery

 Posted by: "jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx" <jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at: