[EnergyPlus_Support] Zone Radiant HVAC Mass Flow Rate equal to 0 but system controlling the room temperature. How???

Dear mates,

Hi, I'm trying to finish my Final Project of Engineering and I would appreciate any information regarding the

following issue in EnergyPlus:

I have a building with the chilled ceiling system (ZoneHVAC:LowTemperatureRadiant:ConstantFlow) for

cooling in summer. For the months of April and May there is a low cooling load in the building, and the

systems is removing it, that is, the temperature is kept at 25 Celsius degrees and it is not allowed to

be higher by the system, so the system works.

There is no other system in the installation, so the load is removed by

the ZoneHVAC:LowTemperatureRadiant:ConstantFlow. For following months with more cooling load

there is an energy consumption different to zero but still very low.

The question is: If there is a load, if this load is removed since the temperature is kept at the setpoint, and it has been checked in the graphs, Why the mass flow rate of the pumps serving

each zone is 0 and the pump electric power is 0, and everything regarding the hvac system

doesn't work apparently? Even if the chilled ceiling system results very efficient, it is not possible that

the energy consumption of the system is zero since there is a load and this has to be removed.

Has someone encountered something similar? I don't mind if this problem has been found with a different

system, the important thing for me is establish an analogy to solve my problem.

Thank you very much,

Fran

 Posted by: franlozano2@xxxxxxxxx

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at: