Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] IDF file from Example File Generator is not producing outputs that I need, why?

Wow. First to all new users:
the idf input text file used by the energyplus simulation engine can be created, edited and or interacted with through many means including, but not limited to
- using a text editor such as Notepad
- EPeditor
- OpenStudio and/or other 3rd Party GUI programs (both free and commercial)

Secondly, this forum will respond better when the questions are singular and it is apparent that the person asking has invested some time looking through the documentation.

That being said,
1) outputs are not generated unless you specify them to be generated in the idf. See the inputoutputreferanceguide.PDF
2) a quick search on google or on this forum will produce quite a few links where extensive data sets of weatherfiles in epw format can be downloaded. How you include them in a simulation run depends on how you launch the simulation (i.e. from a console or other interface such as EPLaunch)
3) you can't do that with dualsetpoint thermostats and would need a single setpoint thermostat object. See the inputoutputreferanceguide.PDF. To adjust geometery and constructions, 3rd party GUIs are hugely beneficial. Then the method would depend on which tool you are using.
4) see 3)

Goodluck,

Jean