[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Scaling WaterSystems:DistrictHeating output using EMS [1 Attachment]





Hi Everyone,

How does one add reported EMS outputs to facility meter totals using EMS objects?

I am doing some simplified modelling of DHW systems using WaterUse:Equipment and am scaling reported DistrictHeating values using EMS programs. The intention is to quickly compare DHW systems (ex. boilers vs heatpumps) without using plant loops. For the meanwhile, I am intentionally ignoring heat-gains/losses from DHW equipment in the mechanical room.

Here is what I have accomplished:
  1) defined end-use WaterUse:Equipment objects in relevant zones
  2) Used EMS to write scaled values of WaterSystems:DistrictHeating output to customed metered output

This properly outputs scaled valuels as a separate Meter. But I am not able to Zero the WaterSystems:DistrictHeating value or override FacilityMeters or EUI value.

Here is what I still need to work through:
  1) Zero reported WaterSystems:DistrictHeating values
  2) Add scaled values from EMS to facility totals

I am under the impression that I need to use EMS Actuators/InternalVariables to override EnergyPlus reported values. But, I can't find relevant objects in the EDD file.  Has anyone implemented scaling of report values from district systems and properly modified facility metering?

I know this is easily done using post-process scripts. But I want this integrated into my E+ models.

Attached is a mock-up IDF.

Many Thanks,

Scott

Relevant Objects for DHW HeatPump:
-------------------------------------------------------

EnergyManagementSystem:Sensor,
   Q_WH,                          !- Name
   EMS,                  !- Output:Variable or Output:Meter Index Key Name
   WaterSystems:DistrictHeating;   !- Output:Variable or Output:Meter Index Key Name

Meter:Custom,
   WaterHeating:Elec_,   !- Name
   Electricity,          !- Fuel Type
   ,                    !- Key Name 1
   Water Heating Electricity;   !- Output Variable or Meter Name 1

EnergyManagementSystem:Program,
   WaterHeatingFuelConversionProgram,                     !- Name
   Set Q_WH_HP= Q_WH/2.0,                 !- avg annual COP of DHW HeatPump
   Set Q_Facility_elec = Q_WH_HP;

EnergyManagementSystem:OutputVariable,
   Water He

__._,_.___
View attachments on the web

Posted by: sbucking@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Attachment not found:
d:\eudora\attach\testfile.idf