Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Summary reports problem - Demand end-use is 0 W, while energy end-use is not 0kWh

Yes!, thank you Jason, that  makes total sense, my mistake.
Actually I arrived at that table after seeing a similar situation in the LEED summary table EAp2-4/5. Performance Rating Method Compliance (below)
Any ideas about this one?

EAp2-4/5. Performance Rating Method Compliance

Electric Energy Use [GJ]Electric Demand [W]Natural Gas Energy Use [GJ]Natural Gas Demand [W]Additional Energy Use [GJ] Additional Demand [W]
Interior Lighting209.2215226.290.000.00 0.000.00
Exterior Lighting67.230.00 0.000.000.000.00
Space Heating0.120.00 29.71123993.870.000.00
Space Cooling992.2175817.960.00 0.000.000.00

IDF input

Exterior:Lights,
    Exterior Lights,         !- Name
    On,                      !- Schedule Name
    4250,                    !- Design Level {W}
    AstronomicalClock,       !- Control Option
    General;                 !- End-Use Subcategory

Remember that the Demand End Use Components Summary is the
power use for each end use component at the specific "time
of peak" shown at the top of the table when the peak demand
for the entire building for that energy was set. Exterior
lighting for example would probably not be part of the peak
electrical demand because it occurs at night and the peak is
probably set during the day. The same goes for heating and
cooling depending on the timing of the peak demand for the
building.

Jason

On 7/3/2014 12:20 PM, Jim Dirkes

jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] wrote:

> I think I have seen this when the kW value is less than 0.5.
> I think some rounding occurs in the report creation. Does
> that apply for your system?
>
> *James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP**
> **www.buildingperformanceteam.com*
> <http://www.buildingperformanceteam.com/>*
> **Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services**
> *1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504USA
> 616 450 8653

Posted by: Santiago Velez <santiagogvelez@xxxxxxxxx>