[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] simulating a coat of reflective paints (cool roofs)





Hello,
         I would like to have some idea on how you all might have approached simulating the effect of a reflective coat of paint. The way I went about it is defined a material with low absorptivity and added a thin layer (0.5 mm) to the roof/wall construct.
This did not seem to produce desired results
Secondly, normally what I have seen in material specifications, while values for absorptivity can be specified, there was no obvious way to specify a high emissivity (apart from indirectly doing so using surface roughness).
Please advise

Regards,

asit


__._,_.___

Posted by: Asit Mishra <asitkm76@xxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___