Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulating a coat of reflective paints (cool roofs) [2 Attachments]

I  my experience unfinished metal is the only thing that warrants using anything far off from default, and only modify absorbence for parametric studies.  Attached is a spreadsheet you can find online that can be used to fit product data into E+, just remember that solar [and visible] absorbence is the inverse of the reflectance info you can get from manufactures.  Also attached is a spreadsheet where  absorbence / reflectance = albedo..

Hope this helps

â??â??
Jeremiah D. Crossett

 | Senior Analyst  | LEED Green Associate
â??â??
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203
â??â??