Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ventilated and opened space between roof and cooled closed spaces (ExteriorNaturalVentedCavity?)

Thanks Edward.

But in your case, the attic was an unconditionned closed space, wasn't it?

In mine, i think it's quite different, since the "air volume" between the roof that have a solar protection function and the roof of my closed (and cooled) volumes is opened (it's an "exterior space").

What do you think?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mat

I recently did something similar with an attic space for an unconditioned building.  I made the attic a zone and used airflownetwork to ventilate it through existing openings.  I could then look at the effectiveness of insulation placement and amounts.  Once I had an effective attic design, I scheduled the attic ventilation based on the last airflownetwork analysis and then worked on my occupied zones.

Ned Lyon, P.E. (MA, WV)
Staff Consultant

SIMPSON GUMPERTZ & HEGER
781.907.9000 main