[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Outdoor Air Evaporative Precooling





Hello.  I'm attempting to model an hvac system with the outdoor air intake having temperatures a set number of degrees cooler than the weather file.  My current strategy is using the EvaporativeCooler:Direct:ResearchSpecial object with the follow outdoor air setpoint manager.  When I check the node temperatures at the inlet and outlet nodes of the cooler, there isn't a temperature difference.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas.  Here's the pertinent text from the idf:

!-   ===========  ALL OBJECTS IN CLASS: EVAPORATIVECOOLER:DIRECT:RESEARCHSPECIAL ===========

EvaporativeCooler:Direct:ResearchSpecial,

    OS:EvaporativeCooler:Direct:ResearchSpecial,  !- Name

    Always On Discrete 1,    !- Availability Schedule Name

    1,                       !- Cooler Effectiveness

    0,                       !- Recirculating Water Pump Power Consumption {W}

    Node 6,                  !- Air Inlet Node Name

    Node 38,                 !- Air Outlet Node Name

    Node 38,                 !- Sensor Node Name

    ,                        !- Wa

__._,_.___

Posted by: nsherwood45@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___