[EnergyPlus_Support] Peak Cooling Sensible Heat Gain Components

Hello everyone,

I'm modelling a building and making a parametric analysis by changing the insulation of the external walls of the envelope, the thing is that I would like to obtain values of the heat gained by conduction trough the walls and comparing the results when I change the R-value of them.

The general results that I got made sense, but when I looked into the "eplustbl.htm" file, in the table called "Peak Cooling Sensible Heat Gain Components" and column "Opaque Surface Conduction and Other Heat Addition [W]" most of the Thermal Zones appear with very low values or even cero. I was expecting to see a similar o higher value to the "Window Heat Addition [W]" column but it wasn't the case. The other thing is that the values from the column "Opaque Surface Conduction and Other Heat Removal" are very high, seems like the walls should be gaining heat and not the other way around like the results show me, especially when it presents a "Time of Peak" at 21 - July - 17:30 or similar in most of the thermal zones.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? or how can I get the results I want?

Thanks in advance,

Javier Cuellar.

Posted by: jcuellar@xxxxxxxxxxxx