Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] URGENT: LEED- Cooling Unmet Hours - ASHRAE 2010 - Heated Only Storage - System 9 or 10

Dear Hirisham,
Eliminate cooling thermostat and you will stop having unmet cooling load hours and will be reflecting actual system cotrol logic. You can do this in Designbuilder, by turning cooling off in the HVAC settings, you can also do this in IDF editor by replacing the thermostat in that zone from Thermostat:Dualsetpoint to Thermostat:Singleheating and your last option is to set a very high cooling temperature eg 100 C. Thermostat tolerance is not related to unmetload hours in the sence that if the temperature doesn't actually reach 100C or more there wont be unmet load hours.
Does it make sense?

Regards,
Santiago.

> El ago 3, 2014 9:52 AM, "hisham.rashrash@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
>

>> Dear all,
>>
>> Please, can anyone help. I have a warehouse LEED project in Moscow, Russia, in which baseline and proposed building designs have no cooling systems designed for the main storage warehouse spaces (Heated Only Storage). Definitely, cooling unmet hours will be very high.
>>

>> I am using Design Builder v4.1, which forces the modeling of a cooling thermostat, is it possible to do it in IDFEditor not to model the cooling thermostat so that unmet cooling hours are not checked and reported for these spaces?
>>

>> If this is not the solution, what is the best way to overcome this obstacle?
>>

>> Modeling the cooling thermostat with a high setpoint is not working because the tolerance is +- 0.5[C] so it is impossible to find a setpoint that will be satisfied under this small tolerance without mechanical cooling.
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Hisham

Posted by: Santiago Velez <santiagogvelez@xxxxxxxxx>