[EnergyPlus_Support] modelling ceiling fans

Hello friends,
                    I am working on modelling naturally ventilated buildings and checking if the resultant temperatures are within acceptable limits. As such, I do not have any HVAC system in this project. But frequently naturally ventilated buildings do have ceiling or pedestal fans that users operate to enhance comfort. I was wondering if there is a way to model this kind of phenomenon in EPlus.
For now what I am doing is adding an extra plug load to take care of the fan power consumption and checking if the resulting temperatures are within limits prescribed under enhanced air velocity conditions. Assumption is that occupants switch on fan whenever they require. Plug load of course is applicable for entire duration of the building's operation, so in some ways this is a conservative model.

As a side remark, I am currently using Simergy to act as EPlus front end. Is there a way specific to Simergy that can model ceiling fans? Also, please give me your views on Simergy as a front end..

Regards,

Asit

Posted by: Asit Mishra <asitkm76@xxxxxxxxx>