Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ground Contact Surface Constructions [OPENSTUDIO]

Looks like an open studio forum question, and looks like some type of typo to me. You might find the same construction in the building components library and open it in idf editor or a text editor to see what the thickness and conductivity are for whatever the open studio file is.

Ground heat transfer is a complex issue due to the decrement factor of the mass of the ground and slab overtime, in days months and seasons while other parts of Energy Plus runs on hourly or less time periods.

Depending on what you are doing you might just as well ignore ground heat transfer by setting the surface to an adiabatic or self facing surface.  If ground heat transfer is important to your study you can use the slab program that you can read about in the auxiliary programs documentation. Some say state of the art ground heat transfer modeling is not necessarily accurate.

I am not sure about  189.1 but 90.1 has underground walls and ground contact slabs, but no ground contact ceilings.

â??â??
Jeremiah D. Crossett

 | Senior Analyst  | LEED Green Associate
â??â??
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203
â??â??
 | Mobile 503-688-8951

Also I am changing the conductivity of the material to vary the U-factor a 7" material.

â??â??
Jeremiah D. Crossett

 | Senior Analyst  | LEED Green Associate
â??â??
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203
â??â??
 | Mobile 503-688-8951

Also I am changing the conductivity of the material to vary the U-factor a 7" material.

Posted by: Jeremiah Crossett <jcrossett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>