RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: External convection coefficient

That information about what happens when it is raining is in the Engineering Reference, Surface Heat Balance Manager -> Outside Surface Heat Balance -> Outdoor/Exterior Convection, page 63/90 absolute.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 5, 2014 7:55 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: External convection coefficient

Yes, I do have checked the Wind velocity.

Where I can find the information below in the EnergyPlys documentation? I have tried to find it at Input/Output manual, but with no sucess...

"Check the rain flags in the weather data.  Energyplus intentionally sets the exterior heat transfer coefficient to 1000 W/m2-K whenever it is raining (and then uses the ambient wetbulb instead of drybulb in the delta T).  The idea is if the surface is wet from rain its temperature will be close to the surrounding wetbulb temperature. If that is not acceptable, then you can modify the weather data so the rain flag is always set to no rain"

Thanks for all,

Ana Paula.

Have you checked the wind velocity?

Posted by: "Brent Griffith" <Brent.Griffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>