RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Equipment efficiencies according to ASHRAE

Hisham,

I think the method is applicable, but not using the 773 W / m3/s fan power.  There is no guidance for this in technical literature that I am aware of, but I use 300 W / m3/s as an alternate value based on the rough calculations I show below.  I have not checked the VRF standard for VRFs however.  That is worth checking to see what fan power is assumed during VRF testing.  I think it’s AHRI Standard 1230

AHRI fan power2:

300

W / m3/s

Ref: BPT estimate