Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] FaultModel objects

Jim,

I randomly came across this article and it made me think of this thread: "MODELING AND SIMULATION OF HVAC FAULTS IN ENERGYPLUS "
http://www.ibpsa.org/proceedings/BS2011/P_1925.pdf

This will definitely shed some light.

in short:
- this is a work in progress.
- They want reusable fault models because "They relieve the user of the burden of identifying modeling strategies for the faults to be simulated"

My two cents is that it also makes it clear that this is a fault. Eg: for your tstat offset, it's clear that it's a fault, and not that you just like your room at a weird temperature.

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Energy&Sustainability Engineer

LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr

Thatâ??s exactly where I looked!  The explanation is clear, but it seems that the purpose is not so clear. I think everything those objects accomplish is easily done by changing other inputs that pre-existed the FaultModel objects, so why make a new group?

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653