[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How do I start the program?

Josep,

Got this answer from EnergyPlus Helpdesk: "XP is a different story. We may have a solution for that soon." (http://energyplus.helpserve.com/default_import/Tickets/Ticket/View/9878). So in the meantime, it seems no e+ 8.2 on XP :(

What do you mean by "step by step how to do it"?
To compile from source code?
If it's this, you would need to get the e+ 8.2 source code (it's also on the download page: https://github.com/NREL/EnergyPlusRelease/releases) and a C++ compiler, as e+ 8.2 is now in C++ (previous versions were in Fortran), and compile the code.
Then you would get a ***.exe file, and you could substitute the EnergyPlus.exe that was installed in the EnergyPlusV8-2-0 folder by this ***.exe file you have compiled. Please someone correct me if I'm saying something incorrect
Is this what you mean, Jean Marais?
But I think a user of e+ isn't, in principle, interested in compiling the code, or/and doesn't have the software to do that. And if the EnergyPlus.exe file that comes with the installation doesn't work on XP, I don't know if the new one would!

Rui

Posted by: ruiigreja@xxxxxxxxx