[EnergyPlus_Support] questions regarding the heat recovery VRF systems

Hi All,

I need to simulate a air-cooled heat recovery type VRF system in EnergyPlus.

I start with the given VRF example file VariableRefrigerantFlow_5Zone.idf.

The weather data is set as Chicago and I run for the whole year.

It seems to me that by setting the "heat pump waste heat recovery" option in the "AirConditioner:VariableRefrigerantFlow" to "yes", there is actually no change in the output I obtained.

In this case, the only difference I made is by changing the option to "yes". All the other parameters in the "AirConditioner:VariableRefrigerantFlow" was kept the same.

Does anyone know the reason behind that?

Thank you,

Lin

Posted by: linxiaojie1@xxxxxxxxx