[EnergyPlus_Support] Airflow Network: Control of window opening area

Hi all,

I am currently modelling naturally ventilated spaces using EnergyPlus and the Airflow Network. In the past I have always used temperature as the ventilation control mode, i.e. all windows and doors are opened if Tzone>Tout and Tzone>Tset with the percentage opening being determined by the inside-outside temperature difference. However I am currently trying to test more novel control strategies and would like to be able to send more complex control signals to the windows.

To do this I would like to be able to define the opening area at each time-step for the simulation. Is this possible using EnergyPlus on its own? Or could it be done using something like the BCVTB or MLE+ and linking EnergyPlus with Simulink?

Regards

Josh

Posted by: cia08jss@xxxxxxxxxx