[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Assign a dimension to an EMS output variable





Dear All,

in an .idf I'm working on, I wrote an EMS program to sum the energy consumption of some electric coils.

I used Heating Coil Electric Power [W] sensors.

After that, I obtained the result I was looking for and a .sql file (via:->EnergyManagementSystem:OutPutVariable -> Output:Variable).

My problem is this: the calculated data in output to the EMS module seems to be dimensionless. I usually use Result Viewer to plot my .sql data but in this way I cannot compare an EMS output (for example the summed heating coil electric power) with a non-EMS output (for example the identical variable for a single coil simply reported in Output:Variable) because the first type of data is considered dimensionless and the second type of data has its own dimension (W in this case). In this case when I try to plot them in the same graph space, they are not reported with the same vertical axe, but in relation with 2 different axes.

Is there a way to define that a particular EMS output variable has an identified dimension and so, to have a plotting in reference to the same axe?

Thanks a lot




__._,_.___

Posted by: m.aldegheri@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___