[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] IDF+ Enhanced Editor for EnergyPlus Input Files [1 Attachment]





Hi Matt Doiron,

I've tried to open an idf file using IDF+ but something went wrong. There's an image of the error attached to this e-mail that showed up when I tried to open the idf file. I'm using EnergyPlus 8.1. 

Nevertheless, I really appreciate your effort to do a better idf editor. You can count on my help to receive suggestions in order to improve your project.

Thanks,

David Almeida
INSS - Engineering Analyst 

2014-11-15 22:48 GMT-03:00 Matt Doiron mattdoiron@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 

Hello all!

I've been working on a personal project for the last few months and I wanted to share it with the EnergyPlus community. It's an enhanced editor for EnergyPlus idf files. I use the official IDF Editor everyday and while it's good, there have always been limitations and I decided to address them. 

Some key features include:
* Full undo support
* Filtering of classes and objects
* Flexible interface with "dockable" widgets

The working name for the tool is IDF+ and it's in an early, but functional, phase so while you can download it and try it out, I would not recommend using it for your projects just yet! It's available on BitBucket as open source software, so I encourage anyone who is interested to give it a try and then leave some feedback as to how I can improve it.


Thanks,
Matt Doiron, M.A.Sc., P.Eng.




__._,_.___
View attachments on the web

Posted by: David Oliveira Almeida <daviengmecanico@xxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Attachment not found:
D:\Eudora\Attach\error.png