[EnergyPlus_Support] Auto-size function with set-point temperatures (thermostat controls)

Dear Forum,

I want to compare heating and cooling energy in a model depending on the different set-point temperatures for heating and cooling .

I used 'Autosize' Function to calculate air flow rates for cooling and heating coils in PTACs. By chaning the set-point temperature of thermostats, autosized air flow rates and equipments' sizes (heating and cooling coils) were also changed.

I wonder that zone HVAC PTAC cooling energy will be affected by autosized calculations (changed air flow rates, the capacities of cooling and heating coils)? if I plan to change the set-point temperatures of thermostats, how should i approach this issue for accurate comparisons?

I used fixed sizes for coils' sizes (air flow rates and capacities) after autosized calculation. However, when i changed the set-point temperature, there were the number of warnings which is about warmup days and out of range of cooling coils sizes due to the changed set-point temperature.

thank you.

Posted by: hjang35@xxxxxxxxx