[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] SurfaceProperty:OtherSideCoefficients





I once tried this in congunction with an EMS, to set the surface temperature of a radiant surface and also could not get it to force the temperature of the surface. I used the same type of report, but obviously for the inside surface "facing" the zone. Everything else regarding my EMS code, reported as expected.

2014-11-25 14:19 GMT+01:00 lmblanes@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 


Dear Modellers

I want to set the external side of a surface to 21deg.C constant. This surface is an outside surfice facing the external environment. I am using SurfaceProperty:OtherSideCoefficients and I cannot get the desired result.
Anyone has experience with this E+ object?
---------------------------------------------------------
SurfaceProperty:OtherSideCoefficients,
    OtherSide_21deg_constant,!- Name
    0,                       !- Combined Convective/Radiative Film Coefficient {W/m2-K}
    21,                      !- Constant Temperature {C}
    1,                       !- Constant Temperature Coefficient
    0,                       !- External Dry-Bulb Temperature Coefficient
    0,                       !- Ground Temperature Coefficient
    0,                       !- Wind Speed Coefficient
    0,                       !- Zone Air Temperature Coefficient
    Always 21degC,           !- Constant Temperature Schedule Name
    No;                      !- Sinusoidal Variation of Constant Temperature Coefficient
--------------------------------------------------------
I am using this to get the surface temperature of the surfaces of interest. Is this right?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Output:Variable,
    LEVEL1.00:AHU01_Wall_4_0_0_0_0_0_Subsurface,  !- Key Value
    Surface Outside Face Temperature ,  !- Variable Name
    Timestep;                !- Reporting Frequency

Output:Variable,
    LEVEL6.50:AHU03_Wall_9_0_0_0_0_0_Subsurface,  !- Key Value
    Surface Outside Face Temperature ,  !- Variable Name
    Timestep;                !- Reporting Frequency

-----------------------------------------------------------


Thanks

Luis





__._,_.___

Posted by: Jean Marais <jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___