[EnergyPlus_Support] Modelling a double tank DHW system [2 Attachments]

Good morning,

I'm trying to model the DHW heating system in fig.1 but it seems to be not so easy. I'm using the detailed DesignBuilder HVAC interface but starting from the default solar assisted dhw plant (fig.2) provided by the software, I cannot adapt it to my system.

I would like to ask you if is possible to change the second scheme in the first one, or in an equivalent scheme, and how. In particular I you like to know if the original scheme (1st) is achievable. The main problem for me is to create the correct relation between the 2 water tanks. The 1st one (Water Heater/1) should be only a theraml storage water tank and it should be hydraulically disconnected from the second one (Water Heater). There should not be mass flow between these elements.

Thanks

View attachments on the web

Posted by: m.aldegheri@xxxxxxxxx