Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Adding Exhaust Fan

Thank you for the reply.  I'm still a little confused as to how to implement what you suggested.

The only ventilation objects I found added air to the space - unless energyplus allows for a negative ventilation rate, this is not what I want to do.  As for adding a whole air loop, that's what I was trying to avoid.  From the input-output reference, I thought this was why one used an exhaust fan:

"Fan:ZoneExhaust
This fan object differs from the other fans in that it stands on its own in a zone rather than
serving as one part of an HVAC air system. This object appears directly in a
ZoneHVAC:EquipmentList object and all the controls are contained within the fan object. The
zone exhaust fan model provides a way to include the electrical power used by the fan. It
can also impact air flows in central air handlers by decreasing the flow of return air and
sometimes increasing the outdoor air flow rate."

Posted by: linswoods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx