Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modeling Methods - Sharing

Ivan,
We use DesignBuilder and are keeping our eye on OpenStudio.  Both appear to be developing quickly and are much more capable than even a couple of years ago.  Kudos to all of the developers for those software platforms!  They continue to make giant leaps forward.

The main areas for which we continue to use a spreadsheet are:
Essentially, a spreadsheet that assists with these tasks saves us valuable time and increases our accuracy.  It comes, however, with the burden to maintain it as new versions of E+ are released and bugs are discovered.  In addition, our fairly complex spreadsheet template requires 20-30 seconds to completely recalculate in a fairly new i5 processor PC.  That's too much waiting for me and I hope to move out of the spreadsheet software developer mode as soon as possible.