Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help Wanted: Variable Reflectance Interface

Chris,

If E+ doesn't allow you to specify a dynamic value for a given field, you can typically do this using an EMS program. I suggest you look at the EnergyPlus EMS application Guide that comes with E+.

In the guide, Example 13 - "Surface construction actuator for Thermochromic Window" isn't that far from what you are trying to achieve, so it should be of special interest to you.

Best regards,
Julien

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Energy&Sustainability Engineer

LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr

EnergyPlus Users,

I am a graduate student working on modeling dynamic surface reflectance for commercial roofs, and I am curious if anyone knows of an interface for EnergyPlus that allows for a variable reflectance value to be specified?

I have been unable to find this; so, I would also be interested in speaking with someone who might want to contract to build an interface to allow for taking an output from EnergyPlus at one timestep, alter the reflectance of the roof surface, and feed this new reflectance value back to EnergyPlus for the next timestep.

Thanks

Chris Gray

Posted by: Julien Marrec <julien.marrec@xxxxxxxxx>