[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] E+ Software Limitations: (Run-time Error '7': Out of memory)





Dear group,

For a huge building model, despite large simplifications, I have around 650 zones and 7000+ surfaces.


The problem is:

I cannot open the idf file in IDF Editor (E+ v8.1), for it gives (Run-time Error '7': Out of memory). Although I still have 2GB free RAM!!

If I remove almost all of HVAC equipment (baseline System-7) from majority of zones, it opens, but when I add HVAC equipment to all zones it doesn't! (using DB v4.2 to export idf file).


The questions are:

1. What are the software limitations? 

Is there any fact sheet or a specifications sheet to understand EnergyPlus v8.1 software limitations?


2. How can I surpass this barrier?



Thanks in advance,

Hisham




__._,_.___

Posted by: hisham.rashrash@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___