RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulation settings to shorten the run time

Interesting� sounds like sort of a surrogate approach. Tell us if it worked or not!

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 January 2015 16:38
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulation settings to shorten the run time

I know, but as the evolutionary solver proceeds not by exact simulation results but comparative data (which building alternative is better that which one), I probably can to make such a simplification. especially when considering that tens of thousands of alternatives are to be generated. once the optimal solution(s) are reached, precision calculations can be made...

of course, one alternative is to split the original model's calculation up into multiple threads, but that is my last resort :-)