RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Lift truck energy expressed as an internal load [1 Attachment]

Jim �

We looked into this for a distribution center model a few years back.

As we had electric charging, we wanted to characterize the energy use of a bank of roughly 200 charging stations � so we were concerned both with the heat load and with the electric draw.

Attached were some of the resources we found.

The electric lift truck manufacturers’ guidance helped quantify the total kWh of the battery system, per charge / discharge cycle.

The PGE report on lift truck chargers gave us insight into the inefficiencies of the charging process, and the waste heat / vampire load from the charger when not in charge mode.

We consulted with the client to determine the number of charge / discharge cycles per charger per day.

For our heavily-used distribution center, we estimated that electric charging was a significant portion of the building’s energy cost (greater than 20%).

Aaron

Aaron Dahlstrom, PE, LEED® AP

In PosseA subsidiary of AKF| 1500 Walnut Street, Suite 1414, Philadelphia, PA 19102

d: 215-282-6753| m: 267-507-5470| In Posse: 215-282-6800| AKF: 212-354-5656