[EnergyPlus_Support] Free Simulation Server for EnergyPlus users

Dear fellow modellers,

You may already know that we have been demonstrating a web server where you can run E+ simulations and download results. After much internal debating, we have decided to keep the server open to public access. We think this can be a useful tool, if you:

-          want to run models quickly without installing the required version of EnergyPlus. (The server supports all E+ version from v7.0. We can even host your own builds as long as you compile it for Linux and give it a different version number)

-          want to share results with someone, or ask others to check over you models. (The server uses the official E+ distributions, and produces all E+ output files. You can simply share the link of your job for others to view)

-          want to get the results quick. (The server is running on our latest K890. As long as there isn't a queue, you are likely to get results back quicker than running it anywhere else)

For us, we will use it as a development platform to test new features and get feedbacks; so there is a clear benefit to us, too.

The server can be accessed at http://server2.ensims.com/. Here is a video showing how it is used: http://youtu.be/Df866zViJwk. The logon details can be found here: http://cms.ensims.com/index.php/home/news-and-events (in the post on 20 January).

Please beware that this is a public server. Your files and simulation results are accessible to anyone who has logged on. The server is for testing/development only. No warranty is given and no liability is accepted.

Best regards,

Yi

Dr Yi Zhang

Director