Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Chiller operating hours

Marcos, take a look at object 'PlantEquipmentOperationSchemes' and see if that helps.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 1:40 PM, marcusbrown1326@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm modelling an office building which has 6 chillers for the chilled water loop. Therefore, I have set up 6 HVACTemplate:Plant:Chiller and 1 HVACTemplate:Plant:ChilledWaterLoop . But the problem I'm finding is that only 1 chiller appears to be working and the rest of them just remain off all the time.

What I'm aiming to do is to control the hours of operation of every chiller manually and independently (by means of schedules or any other similar method) but I can't find the way to do so. For instance, turning ON all 6 chillers during peak load periods and turn them OFF during winter.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a hint to solve this problem or just reference me to any example or case where they might have experienced this or a similar issue.

Thanks so much!

Marcos

Posted by: Chandan Sharma <chandangsharma@xxxxxxxxx>